Welcome to the Los Angeles Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 11 high-performing schools serving over 4,000 students in the South Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and South Gate communities. We have eight elementary schools and three secondary schools.
Within Los Angeles, we strive to imbue our work with the “Super Seven” qualities: Inspire, Innovate, Grapple, Discover, Thrive, Create and Love. Our schools are focused on equity and meeting the needs of all scholars in a variety of different ways. We have rich academic curriculum, strong connections to technology through our Blended Learning Programs, and an emphasis on educating the whole child through our Social Emotional Learning Programs.
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services, at 323-837-9920.
For Special Education inquiries, please contact Ana Escalante, Regional Director of Special Education, at 323- 538-2550.
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Office
5901 E. Slauson Avenue
Commerce, CA 90040
2021-22 Key Dates for Aspire Los Angeles Region
First Day of School: August 16, 2021
Labor Day: September 6, 2021
Fall Break: October 4-8, 2021
Veterans Day: November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving Break: November 22-26, 2021
Winter Break: December 20, 2021-January 10, 2022
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 17, 2022
Presidents’ Day: February 21, 2022
Spring Break: April 11-15, 2022
Memorial Day: May 30, 2022
Last Day of School: June 17, 2022
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Los Angeles Leadership Team
Los Angeles Schools
Huntington Park, CA
Key Goals + Initiatives
- CREATE safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- REFINE and EXPAND targeted intervention and supports for students’ academic, health, and social emotional development.
- ENGAGE parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- EXECUTE high quality, continuously improving instructional programs and college readiness focus; provide appropriate educational options to ensure that every student graduates college ready.
- SUPPORT regional leaders through professional development, coaching, and supervision.
- ENSURE compliance with all local, state, and federal legal and Ed Code requirements.
Key Documents + Links
- LA Region 2021-22 Calendar
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- 20-21 Uniform Complaint Policy-Appeals Policy
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process