Welcome to the Los Angeles Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 11 high-performing schools serving over 4,000 students in the South Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and South Gate communities. We have eight elementary schools and three secondary schools.
Within Los Angeles, we strive to imbue our work with the “Super Seven” qualities: Inspire, Innovate, Grapple, Discover, Thrive, Create and Love. Our schools are focused on equity and meeting the needs of all scholars in a variety of different ways. We have rich academic curriculum, strong connections to technology through our Blended Learning Programs, and an emphasis on educating the whole child through our Social Emotional Learning Programs.
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Debbie Riverhawk Helmns, Regional Student Support Director, at 323-837-9920.
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Office
5901 E. Slauson Avenue
Commerce, CA 90040
2018-19 Key Dates for Aspire Los Angeles Region
- First Day of School: August 13, 2018
- Fall Break: October 08-12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21-23, 2018
- Winter Break: December 17, 2018-January 4, 2019
- Spring Break: April 15-19, 2019
- Last Day of School: June 12, 2019
Los Angeles Leadership Team
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Calendar
Fall Break: October 08-12, 2018
October 8, 2018 - October 12, 2018
Thanksgiving Break: November 21-23, 2018
November 21, 2018 - November 23, 2018
Winter Break: December 17, 2018-January 4, 2019
December 17, 2018 - January 4, 2019
Spring Break: April 15-19, 2019
April 15, 2019 - April 19, 2019
Last Day of School: June 12, 2019
June 12, 2019
Los Angeles Schools
Huntington Park, CA
Key Goals + Initiatives
- CREATE safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- REFINE and EXPAND targeted intervention and supports for students’ academic, health, and social emotional development.
- ENGAGE parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- EXECUTE high quality, continuously improving instructional programs and college readiness focus; provide appropriate educational options to ensure that every student graduates college ready.
- SUPPORT regional leaders through professional development, coaching, and supervision.
- ENSURE compliance with all local, state, and federal legal and Ed Code requirements.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- Uniform Complaint Process - English
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process
- Uniform Complaint Policy Appeals Process