Welcome to the Los Angeles Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 11 high-performing schools serving over 4,000 students in the South Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and South Gate communities. We have eight elementary schools and three secondary schools.
Within Los Angeles, we strive to imbue our work with the “Super Seven” qualities: Inspire, Innovate, Grapple, Discover, Thrive, Create and Love. Our schools are focused on equity and meeting the needs of all scholars in a variety of different ways. We have rich academic curriculum, strong connections to technology through our Blended Learning Programs, and an emphasis on educating the whole child through our Social Emotional Learning Programs.
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Debbie Riverhawk Helmns, Regional Student Support Director, at 323-837-9920.
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Office
5901 E. Slauson Avenue
Commerce, CA 90040
2018-19 Key Dates for Aspire Los Angeles Region
- First Day of School: August 13, 2018
- Fall Break: October 08-12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21-23, 2018
- Winter Break: December 17, 2018-January 4, 2019
- Non-pupil teacher work day: March 8, 2019 (no school for students)
Spring Break: April 15-19, 2019
Last Day of School: June 12, 2019
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Padres están invitados y se les anima a que hagan horas voluntarias en nuestra escuela. Aunque no es requerido para ser aceptados a nuestra escuela o para continuar su inscripción futura en nuestra escuela chárter.
Los Angeles Leadership Team
Los Angeles Schools
Huntington Park, CA
Key Goals + Initiatives
- CREATE safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- REFINE and EXPAND targeted intervention and supports for students’ academic, health, and social emotional development.
- ENGAGE parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- EXECUTE high quality, continuously improving instructional programs and college readiness focus; provide appropriate educational options to ensure that every student graduates college ready.
- SUPPORT regional leaders through professional development, coaching, and supervision.
- ENSURE compliance with all local, state, and federal legal and Ed Code requirements.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- Uniform Complaint Process - English
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process
- Uniform Complaint Policy Appeals Process