Welcome to the Los Angeles Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 11 high-performing schools serving over 4,000 students in the South Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and South Gate communities. We have eight elementary schools and three secondary schools.
Within Los Angeles, we strive to imbue our work with the “Super Seven” qualities: Inspire, Innovate, Grapple, Discover, Thrive, Create and Love. Our schools are focused on equity and meeting the needs of all scholars in a variety of different ways. We have rich academic curriculum, strong connections to technology through our Blended Learning Programs, and an emphasis on educating the whole child through our Social Emotional Learning Programs.
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services, at 323-837-9920.
For Special Education inquiries, please contact Ana Escalante, Regional Director of Special Education, at 323- 538-2550.
Contact Aspire’s liaison, Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services for additional resources at email@example.com; 323-897-9920.
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Office
5901 E. Slauson Avenue
Commerce, CA 90040
2023-24 Key Dates for Aspire Los Angeles Region
First Day of School: August 14, 2023
Labor Day: September 4, 2023
Fall Break: October 2-6, 2023
Staff PD Day (no students): October 9, 2023
Veterans Day: November 10, 2023
Harvest Break: November 20-24, 2023
Winter Break: December 18, 2023-January 5, 2024
Staff PD Day (no students): January 8, 2024
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 15, 2024
Staff PD Day (no students): February 16, 2024
Presidents’ Day: February 19, 2024
Spring Break: March 25-29, 2024
Cesar Chavez Day: April 1, 2024
Staff PD Day (no students): April 2, 2024
Memorial Day: May 27, 2024
Last Day of School: June 19, 2024
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Los Angeles Leadership Team
Los Angeles Schools
Huntington Park, CA
Key Goals + Initiatives
- CREATE safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- REFINE and EXPAND targeted intervention and supports for students’ academic, health, and social emotional development.
- ENGAGE parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- EXECUTE high quality, continuously improving instructional programs and college readiness focus; provide appropriate educational options to ensure that every student graduates college ready.
- SUPPORT regional leaders through professional development, coaching, and supervision.
- ENSURE compliance with all local, state, and federal legal and Ed Code requirements.
Key Documents + Links
- 23-24 Student and Family Handbook (English)
- 23-24 Student and Family Handbook (Spanish)
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program – Letter to Household
- Suicide Prevention Policy
- Expanded Learning Program Plan
- Expanded Learning Program Plan (Spanish)
- EPA FY 24 Funding Allocations