Welcome to the Los Angeles Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 11 high-performing schools serving over 4,000 students in the South Los Angeles, Huntington Park, and South Gate communities. We have eight elementary schools and three secondary schools.
Within Los Angeles, we strive to imbue our work with the “Super Seven” qualities: Inspire, Innovate, Grapple, Discover, Thrive, Create and Love. Our schools are focused on equity and meeting the needs of all scholars in a variety of different ways. We have rich academic curriculum, strong connections to technology through our Blended Learning Programs, and an emphasis on educating the whole child through our Social Emotional Learning Programs.
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services, at 323-837-9920.
For Special Education inquiries, please contact Ana Escalante, Regional Director of Special Education, at 323- 538-2550.
Homeless (McKinney Vento) and Foster Youth Resources
Education Rights of Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness (Ed Rights Brochure, SPANISH)
Contact Aspire’s liaison, Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services for additional resources at email@example.com; 323-897-9920.
Aspire Los Angeles Regional Office
5901 E. Slauson Avenue
Commerce, CA 90040
2022-23 Key Dates for Aspire Los Angeles Region
First Day of School: August 15, 2022
Labor Day: September 5, 2022
Fall Break: October 3 – 7, 2022
Staff PD Day (no students): October 10, 2022
Veterans Day: November 11, 2022
Thanksgiving Break: November 21- 25, 2022
Winter Break: December 19, 2022 – January 6, 2023
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 16, 2023
Staff PD Day (no students): February 13, 2023
Presidents’ Day: February 20, 2023
Cesar Chavez Day: March 31, 2023
Spring Break: April 3 – April 7, 2023
Staff PD Day (no students): April 10, 2023
Memorial Day: May 29, 2023
Last Day of School: June 16, 2023
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Los Angeles Leadership Team
Los Angeles Schools
Huntington Park, CA
South Gate, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Key Goals + Initiatives
- CREATE safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- REFINE and EXPAND targeted intervention and supports for students’ academic, health, and social emotional development.
- ENGAGE parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- EXECUTE high quality, continuously improving instructional programs and college readiness focus; provide appropriate educational options to ensure that every student graduates college ready.
- SUPPORT regional leaders through professional development, coaching, and supervision.
- ENSURE compliance with all local, state, and federal legal and Ed Code requirements.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- SY22-23 Family Concern Process and Form (ENG-SPA)
- National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program – Letter to Household
- UCP Annual Notice (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
- Uniform Complaint Policy and Procedures (ENGLISH)
- Polítiza y procedimientos de quejas uniformes (SPANISH)
- Suicide Prevention Policy