Aspire Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
- Earning your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year.
- Apprenticing four days a week with one of the best teachers in your residency school.
- Learning within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Building a relationship with one of the best instructional leaders in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engaging in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receiving priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Doing all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
Teacher Residency Program Overview
- The teacher residency program started in 2010 at Aspire Public Schools, and is now offered through a partnership between Aspire Public Schools and Alder Graduate School of Education.
- Residents receive a Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in California
*Alder GSE is applying for Initial Institutional and Program Approval by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and is working toward receiving this approval in the spring of 2020.
Locations & Available Credentials
Residents apprentice at one of our schools in California. Visit Aspire’s Locations to learn more about our schools. Available credentials include:
- Multiple Subject (K-8)
- Single Subject (6-12): English, Math, Science or Social Studies
- Special Education Mild/Moderate
- Residents receive a $20,000 stipend
- Tuition for University of the Pacific in CA is $18,500 for Class of 2020 (final tuition set in Dec. 2019 for class of 2021)
- Additional financial information for California Residents
For more information, contact or visit our website:
- Jake Drollinger, Recruiter | P: 650-665-0119 | E: email@example.com | Schedule a time to chat: https://calendly.com/aspirejake/chat
- For a complete list of our recruiting events please visit http://aldergse.org/admissions/