Aspire Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
- Earning your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year.
- Apprenticing four days a week with one of the best teachers in your residency school.
- Learning within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Building a relationship with one of the best instructional leaders in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engaging in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receiving priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Doing all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
Teacher Residency Program Overview
- The teacher residency program started in 2010 at Aspire Public Schools, and is now offered through a partnership between Aspire Public Schools and Alder Graduate School of Education.
- Residents receive a Master’s Degree and a California Teaching Credential.
Locations & Available Credentials
Residents apprentice at one of our schools in California. Visit Aspire’s Locations to learn more about our schools. Available credentials include:
- Multiple Subject (K-8)
- Single Subject (6-12): English, Math, Science or Social Studies
- Special Education Mild/Moderate
- Residents receive a $37,000 stipend
- 23-24 Tuition is $21,930.
- 24-25 Tuition will be determined in December 2023.
- Additional financial information for California Residents
For more information, contact or visit our website:
- Aspire Los Angeles – Eduardo Rodriguez at ERodriguez@aldergse.edu or schedule a time to meet with them here.
- Aspire Bay Area – Izamary Rios at email@example.com or schedule a time to meet with them here.
- Aspire Stockton, Sacramento, and Modesto – DeWayne Ewing Jr. at DEwingJr@aldergse.edu or schedule a time to meet with them here.
- For a complete list of our recruiting events please visit our Admissions Page here.