Alder Teacher Residency at Aspire Public Schools
- Earning your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year.
- Apprenticing four days a week with one of the best teachers in your residency school.
- Learning within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Building a relationship with one of the best instructional leaders in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engaging in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receiving priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Doing all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
Teacher Residency Program Overview
- The teacher residency program started in 2010 at Aspire Public Schools, and is now offered through a partnership between Aspire Public Schools and Alder Graduate School of Education.
- Residents receive a Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in either California or Tennessee.
Locations & Available Credentials
Residents apprentice at one of our schools in California or Memphis. Visit Aspire’s Locations to learn more about our schools. Available credentials include:
- Multiple Subject (K-8)
- Single Subject (6-12): English, Math, Science or Social Studies
- Special Education Mild/Moderate (in California only)
- Residents receive a $16,500 stipend
- Tuition for University of the Pacific in CA is $18,000 ($47,600 original tuition discounted to $24,000 with an additional $6,000 Class of 2018-19 Alder Teacher Grant) and residents can receive up to $18,000 in federal financial aid
- Tuition for Relay Graduate School of Education in Memphis is $3,250 in Memphis and residents can receive up to $3,250 in federal financial aid
- Additional financial information for California and Memphis Residents
For more information, contact or visit our website:
- Maria Lopez de la Cruz, CA Recruiter | P: (650) 785-0130 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brianna Harrington, TN Recruiter | P: (650) 313-1698 | E: email@example.com
- For a complete list of our recruiting events please visit http://aldergse.org/admissions/