Aspire Slauson Academy
Welcome to the Aspire Slauson Academy landing page!
Sponsoring District: Los Angeles Area
CDS/Charter Numbers: CDS: #19-64733-0124784 Charter: #1330
Afterschool Program? Yes
- Enrollment: 343
- Hispanic: 87%
- African-American: 6%
- Pacific Islander: 0%
- Asian-American: 0%
- Caucasian: 1%
- Multi-Racial: 1%
- Not Available: 5%
- Free and Reduced Lunch: 100%
- First Day of School: August 13, 2019
Non-pupil teacher work day: September 16, 2019 (No students)
- Fall Break: October 07-11, 2019
Thanksgiving Break: November 25-29, 2019
Non-pupil teacher work day: December 2, 2019 (No students)
- Winter Break: December 23, 2019-January 10, 2020
- Non-pupil teacher work day: February 10, 2020 (No students)
- Non-pupil teacher work day: March 13, 2020 (No students)
Spring Break: April 6-10-2020
- Non-pupil teacher work day: April 13, 2020 (No students)
- Last Day of School: June 17, 2020
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services, at 323-837-9920
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Padres están invitados y se les anima a que hagan horas voluntarias en nuestra escuela. Aunque no es requerido para ser aceptados a nuestra escuela o para continuar su inscripción futura en nuestra escuela chárter.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- Uniform Complaint Process - English
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process
- Uniform Complaint Policy Appeals Process
- 2020-21 Calendar
- 2019 Aspire Slauson Academy LCAP
- ASA SARC 18-19
- ASA SARC Spanish 18-19
- Slauson Charter Documents
- 19-20 Slauson Student Family Handbook - English
- 19-20 Slauson Student Family Handbook - Spanish
- Slauson Meal Information
- Slauson State Testing Information
- Charter School Complaint Form LAUSD
- COVID-19 Written Operations Report