Aspire Slauson Academy
Welcome to the Aspire Slauson Academy landing page!
Sponsoring District: Los Angeles Area
CDS/Charter Numbers: CDS: #19-64733-0124784 Charter: #1330
Afterschool Program? Yes
- Enrollment: 341
- Hispanic: 88%
- African-American: 9%
- Pacific Islander: 0%
- Asian-American: 0%
- Caucasian: 0%
- Free and Reduced Lunch: 99%
First Day of School: August 13, 2018
Fall Break: October 08-12, 2018
Thanksgiving Break: November 21-23, 2018
Winter Break: December 17, 2018-January 4, 2019
Non-pupil teacher work day: March 8, 2019 (no school for students)
Spring Break: April 15-19, 2019
Last Day of School: June 12, 2019
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Debbie Riverhawk Helmns, Regional Student Support Director, at 323-837-9920.
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Padres están invitados y se les anima a que hagan horas voluntarias en nuestra escuela. Aunque no es requerido para ser aceptados a nuestra escuela o para continuar su inscripción futura en nuestra escuela chárter.
Nothing from April 19, 2019 to May 19, 2019.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- Uniform Complaint Process - English
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process
- Uniform Complaint Policy Appeals Process