At Aspire, we believe families are our most important partners in achieving College for Certain. Our families bring diverse experiences that strengthen each of our school communities. The hopes and dreams of our families drive our commitment to develop students into leaders.
Our Core Values
Across all of our schools families can expect,
- Bienestar (Well-Being)
- Culture of Belonging
- Community Partnership
- Agency + Self-Determination
Our standards for authentic and purposeful family engagement in our schools
- Strong Family and Community Ties: Families are encouraged and invited to build strong relationships with teachers, school staff and other parent communities. Schools create welcoming environments and help to deepen relationships across diverse groups of students, staff members and families.
- Meaningful Communication: Families and schools engage in meaningful two-way communication practices that are centered on their student’s wellbeing and academic success. Schools provide clear structures and expectations that support mutual communication with families.
- Authentic Voice & Leadership: Families work together with schools to authentically help inform policy and decision making. Schools invite families to participate in activities as equal partners to help shape school vision, student culture and strengthen student learning.
- Empowered Student Success: Families are acknowledged as their student’s first teacher and empowered to support student growth. Schools work with families to inform, encourage and support learning at home and in school, to make college for certain.
- Equity Centered Dialogue: Families help identify, discuss, and address equity issues impacting students, schools, and their surrounding community. Schools provide families with opportunities that help students receive what he/she needs to succeed.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Padres están invitados y se les anima a que hagan horas voluntarias en nuestra escuela. Aunque no es requerido para ser aceptados a nuestra escuela o para continuar su inscripción futura en nuestra escuela chárter.
View our Aspire Parents’ Video, which shows how important Aspire families are to our success.