Aspire Gateway Academy
Welcome to the Aspire Gateway Academy landing page!
Grades: TK – 5
Sponsoring District: Los Angeles Area
CDS/Charter Numbers: CDS: #19-64733-0122614 Charter: #1213
Afterschool Program? Y
- Enrollment: 406
- Hispanic: 99%
- African-American: 0%
- Pacific Islander: 0%
- Asian: 0%
- Native American: 0%
- Caucasian: 0%
- Not Available 1%
- Free and Reduced Lunch: 79%
- First Day of School: August 13, 2019
Non-pupil teacher work day: September 16, 2019 (No students)
- Fall Break: October 07-11, 2019
Thanksgiving Break: November 25-29, 2019
Non-pupil teacher work day: December 2, 2019 (No students)
- Winter Break: December 23, 2019-January 10, 2020
- Non-pupil teacher work day: February 10, 2020 (No students)
- Non-pupil teacher work day: March 13, 2020 (No students)
Spring Break: April 6-10-2020
- Non-pupil teacher work day: April 13, 2020 (No students)
- Last Day of School: June 17, 2020
For Title IX & UCP, please contact Dr. Alejandra Velez, Regional Director of Student Services, at 323-837-9920.
For Special Education inquiries, please contact Ana Escalante, Regional Director of Special Education, at 323-538-2550.
Additionally, in order to encourage and support stakeholder involvement, each school’s website contains the following information in both Spanish and English:
- Timely notices of board meetings and other school committee meetings that involve parents.
- Meetings held/interpreted in Spanish and English.
- Opportunities to share thoughts and opinions through email and ParentSquare, the interactive parent communication platform used by the school.
- Short summaries of issues, ideas, and decisions of school committees.
- At least two opportunities for parents to give detailed input on the Local Control Accountability Plan.
Parents are welcome and encouraged to volunteer at our school, however, parental involvement is not a requirement for acceptance to, or continued enrollment at, the charter school.
Padres están invitados y se les anima a que hagan horas voluntarias en nuestra escuela. Aunque no es requerido para ser aceptados a nuestra escuela o para continuar su inscripción futura en nuestra escuela chárter.
Key Documents + Links
- LA Region 2020-21 Calendar
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- MealTime for Current Aspire LA Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Keeping Parents Informed - Charter Transparency
- Uniform Complaint Process - English
- Uniform Complaint Process - Spanish
- Parent Concerns and Complaint Process
- Uniform Complaint Policy Appeals Process
- Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
- 20-21 Spanish Student and Family Handbook
- 20-21 English Student and Family Handbook
- COVID-19 Written Operations Report
- Gateway Student Family Handbook 19-20 (English)
- Gateway Student Family Handbook 19-20 (Spanish)
- 2019 Aspire Gateway Academy LCAP
- Gateway 2020-21 School Calendar
- Gateway State Testing Results
- Gateway Meal Information
- Gateway Charter & Transparency Information
- AGA SARC 18-19
- AGA SARC Spanish 18-19
- Charter School Complaint Form LAUSD
- 20-21 Aspire Wide UCP Policy