Double your donation to Aspire Public Schools!
Did you know that thousands of companies match donations by employees? Please use the search tool below to see if your company will match your donation and to access the forms and instructions that you need to submit a matching gift.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are employee matching gift programs?
Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. It’s an easy way to double your contribution to Aspire Public Schools!
How is this information obtained?
We partner with a company called Double the Donation. If you see anything that should be changed, please email Double the Donation’s team at email@example.com.
How do I submit a matching gift?
- Make a donation to Aspire Public Schools.
- Log into your company’s matching gift submission website (if you use the Double the Donation search tool, you will receive a follow-up email linking to this page).
- Once logged in, search for Aspire Public Schools and select from the search results. If it is not found, manually enter our organization’s details.
- Register the donation.
- Submit the completed matching gift request to your employer.
For a more detailed walkthrough, you can view Double the Donation’s example of the submission process using The Home Depot here.
Note: Once complete, Aspire Public Schools and your employer will communicate to verify your initial donation, and complete the match, if eligible.
What if I forget to submit my matching gift request?
If you forget to submit your matching gift after selecting your company at the time of donation, you will receive a series of auto-generated emails prompting you to submit your match. The majority of companies offer an all-electronic matching gift submission process.
Are matching gifts tax-deductible?
While your donation to a 501(c)3 organization is tax-deductible, your matching gift is not tax-deductible. Only your personal contributions are eligible for tax-deduction. Each party involved (yourself and your employer) can only take deductions for contributions they directly made to the nonprofit.
What if I still have questions?
- For questions regarding your company’s programs, please contact your employer’s HR or community giving department. Much of the necessary information is also available on your company intranet.
- For questions regarding submitting a matching gift or volunteer grant request to us, please contact us.
Aspire Public Schools is a 501(c)(3) organization (EIN: 94-3311088).