An education at Aspire Public Schools provides all students with access to opportunities for success in all their future endeavors--in higher education, work, and citizenship. Through personalized learning experiences, students master basic skills, develop productive life skills, and acquire the thinking skills needed for the rigorous work of the real world.
Key documents such as School Accountability Report Cards and LEA Plans are available on each school's page. View the list of Aspire schools and school pages.
High Standards and Clear Learning Goals
To establish a foundation for success, Aspire students will learn:
- Basic Skills: Master at least grade level competency in the four core subjects: mathematics, science, social studies, and language arts (including reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- Thinking Skills: Be able to apply classroom learning to their real world experiences in a relevant and valuable way, using higher-order thinking skills (including critical thinking, creativity, decision-making, problem solving, reasoning, knowing how to learn)
- Life Skills: Have developed personal qualities of individual responsibility, intellectual curiosity, sociability, self-management, confidence, and integrity
Aspire sets high standards for all students, based on:
- California State Content Standards
- Newmann's Standards for Authentic Instruction and Assessment
- Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS)
In addition, each student has a Personal Learning Plan (PLP), developed in collaboration with his/her teacher and parent(s), that outlines the student's specific learning goals each semester.
Aspire's secondary courses also conform to the University of California/California State University (UC/CSU) system A-G requirements.