Aspire TN Board of Directors Meeting
July 1, 2019
Welcome to the Memphis Region at Aspire Public Schools! Our region has 4 high-performing schools, serving over 1,500 students at 4 locations in the Raleigh, Orange Mound, and Hickory Hill neighborhoods of Memphis. We are currently serving grades K-8, and we have an incredibly talented team of over 250 Memphis teammates. All of our Aspire Memphis schools are Title I schools.
Aspire Memphis Regional Office
6870 Winchester Rd.
Memphis, TN 38115
(901) 646-6530, ext 75713
2018-19 Key Dates for Aspire Memphis Region
- First Day of School: August 6, 2018
- Fall Break: October 08-12, 2018
- Thanksgiving Break: November 21-23, 2018
- Winter Break: December 20, 2018-January 4, 2019
- Spring Break: March 11-15, 2019
- Last Day of School: May 24, 2019
Aspire Public Schools Discipline Policy
The Student Code of Conduct is intended as a set of guidelines to help us communicate about behavior and discipline more effectively. It was designed after extensive conversations with teachers, parents, students, and administrators. It is not designed to be a rulebook, but rather a set of guiding principles to help us ensure that students and teachers can learn in a safe and supportive environment where discipline is fair, equitable, and proportionate. The levels consists of the following:
- Level 1- These behaviors are short-term acts that interfere with the orderly operations of the classroom, a school function, extracurricular/co-curricular program or approved transportation.
- Level 2- These behaviors are moderate disruptive acts of misconduct that interfere with orderly operations in a classroom, a school function, extracurricular/co-curricular program or approved transportation or repeated acts from level 1.
- Level 3- These behaviors are moderate to severe disruptive acts of misconduct that interfere with the orderly operations of the classroom, a school function, extracurricular/co-curricular program or approved transportation or repeated acts from level 2.
- Level 4- These behavior are major acts of misconduct that interfere with the orderly operations of the classroom, a school function, extracurricular/co-curricular program or approved transportation or repeated acts from level 3.
- Level 5- These behaviors are serious acts of misconduct. Any level 5 behaviors are grounds for a mandatory expulsion as mandated by Tennessee Code Annotated § 49-6-3401.
Aspire Memphis Leadership Team
Memphis Region Key Dates
Nothing from September 23, 2020 to September 23, 2021.
Key Goals + Initiatives
- Implement standards and curriculum with rigor and fidelity so that all students carry the cognitive load.
- Urgently respond to student work and data to target instruction.
- Practice and master content before teaching.
- Recruit and develop teacher and leadership pipelines.
- Build school culture that promotes social-emotional learning and positive student behavior.
- Engage our families and community.
Key Documents + Links
- PowerSchool Access for Current Aspire Memphis Students & Families
- MealTime Access for Current Aspire Memphis Students & Families
- ParentSquare Access (for Current Aspire Families)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Release - Aspire Memphis
- Student Assessment Information
- Aspire RFP and Contract Vended School Meal Services 2018-19