Rajesh Varma, AspireBMAReno@aspirepublicschools.org
Aspire Berkley Maynard Academy (BMA) is planning a modernization project at their campus to improve efficiency and code compliance in the main classroom building on campus plus replacing the portable classrooms on the North East corner of the campus. The Aspire BMA campus has not had a major renovation since 1994 and will greatly benefit from the improvements scheduled.
Aspire Public Schools at Berkley Maynard Academy (BMA) looks forward to enhancing the overall safety and accessibility of the BMA campus. This project scope will create a safer and more accessible learning environment for all of their learners.
- Main building improvements including ADA code compliance items including, thresholds, hardware, accessible parking, path of travel and restrooms;
- Replacement of the fire alarm system and a few exterior windows that are damaged;
- A fresh coat of asphalt on the play yards and parking area; and
- Demolition and replacement of the current portable units with 2,880 square feet of new portable/modular classrooms to comply with current code requirements.
Proposition 51 Bonds
- Design: October 2021 – February 2022
- Permitting: February 2022 – July 2022
- Prop 51 Bond: Application & Approval with OPSC July 2022 – December 2022
(including priority funding certification)
- Bond Sale: Spring 2023
- Construction: Summer 2023-Summer 2024
- Scopes of Work:
Abatement, Demolition, Site Construction, Misc. Metals, Doors & Hardware, Windows, Interior Finishes, Toilet Partitions & Accessories, Fire Alarm, PA, Telecomm/Data.
- Skilled and Trained Workforce required
- Alten is signatory to the Carpenters and Laborer’s Unions
- Alten will utilize Procore (free to all subcontractors) for bid/addenda notifications and project communication/management software
- Alten will notify all local Bay Area Builders Exchanges
- Project Estimator – Bobby Alten (510) 234-4200, ext. 47 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire Public Schools: AspireBMAReno@aspirepublicschools.org