New Hire Information
New to Aspire? View the documents below for pertinent information. If you don't see what you are looking for contact us.
Key documents to get started.
- Induction Program Commitment & Cover Page
- Payroll Calendar
- Pre-Designated Doctor Form
- Employee Accrual Chart: shows paid time off for each different calendar assignment.
- Benefits Workbook:Full-time, regular team members are eligible to enroll in benefits effective the first of the month following their date of hire. Please see the attached booklet for details about both Core and Voluntary benefits. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- STRS/PERS: additional information for those who have the choice of STRS or PERS, and would like to remain in one rather than the other.
- Aspire Verification of Experience Form - For Aspire Salary Scheduled Teammates ONLY - For positions that receive a salary based on the Aspire Salary Schedule (Teachers, Intervention Specialists, Education Specialists), teammates are required to submit the Aspire “Verification of Experience Form” from prior employers within 90 days of their employment start date. The number of years verified in these forms should directly correspond with the “Years of Effective Practice” level that was honored for placement on the Aspire Salary Schedule. If the “Verification of Experience Form”(s) are not received within 90 days of the employment start date, the teammate may experience a reduction in salary to the “Entering” salary listed on their Regional Salary Schedule.
Required Clearances for ALL Employees
- CALIFORNIA NEW HIRES - Live Scan Application- You should have already received a live scan application in your offer letter and/or from your Hiring Manager, if you have not already received application, please print and add school site to OCA field. Here is a link to help you find a Live Scan Provider, http://www.ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php. Once you have had your fingerprints taken, please return the completed form to us along with the rest of your documents.
- Tennessee NEW HIRES – Background for new Tennessee employees can be done through the L-1 Enrollment Services online and/or through the call center – please reference form below for additional information.
- TB - To comply with Aspire's TB policy, all team members, volunteers, independent contractors and vendors must provide evidence of a Negative TB result prior to beginning work at Aspire. Your personal physician will be able to administer the TB (PPD) test. If you do not have a personal physician, you may be able to find a list of clinics on your County’s website. Note that the TB test takes multiple visits, and may take three days or longer for results to be received. TB tests must be completed every four years and must be administered within 60 days before date of hire.
Aspire Public Schools
Human Resources Department
1001 22nd Avenue Suite 100
Oakland, CA 94606
Fax: (510) 434-5004