The Aspire Teacher Residency financial structure is intended to provide an affordable, high-quality pathway to teaching. The core components to the Aspire Teacher Residency financial package are:
- Residents pay the deeply discounted University of the Pacific (California Residents) and Relay Graduate School of Education (Memphis Residents) tuition for their first year.
- Residents receive a stipend of $13,500, plus full medical benefits, for the first year of the program.
- Financial aid is available through the University of the Pacific's/Relay Graduate School of Education Financial Aid Office in order to help cover other costs.
- Loans acquired during undergraduate education can be deferred because Residents are enrolled in a Master's program.
- Once hired as a full-time Aspire teacher in year 2, Residents receive $1,500 of tuition reimbursement for each year as a full-time Aspire team member.
Aspire Teacher Residents - Tuition Support Options
Below are some links that may aid in scholarship searches
- Club Scholarship
- College Board (Fund Finder)
- College Resource Network
- FinAid Scholarships
- GoCollege Scholarship Search
- Nerd Wallet
- Scholarships 4 Students
- School Soup Scholarships
As educators, ASPIRE student will have a loan forgiveness component tied into their student loans if they elected to borrow. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/teacher
"ATR stands out for the way that it looks at the training of urban educators as a quality long-term investment, giving us incredible training and offering us significant support in the classroom."
-Mia Costello,ATR Graduate